How accurate are your Class Location and HCA/MCA determinations?
Traditional manual methods for sliding mile Class Location and High Consequence Area (HCA)/ Moderate Consequence Area (MCA) analysis are extremely time consuming and suffer from inaccuracy and lack of reproducibility. G2 Integrated Solutions’ Gas HCA Tool increases
HCA/MCA and Class Location accuracy by eliminating inefficient manual processes. The Gas HCA Tool gives you the power to rapidly and efficiently produce results that are consistent, reliable, reproducible and defendable.
Intuitive Analysis Interface
Since the 1970’s, pipeline operators have been required to perform Class Location analysis to help understand consequence of failure as a function of population density along the pipeline. Class Location and HCA/MCA analyses are critical to the design, operation, and asset integrity of the pipeline.
The G2-IS Gas HCA Tool is a comprehensive software suite that performs DOT Class Location determination using the sliding mile algorithm, and calculates HCA’s using either Class Location results (method 1), or the Potential Impact Radius (PIR) formula (method 2). PIR-based MCA analysis (including road data conditioning) is also included. The software fully supports analysis of both transmission and regulated gathering.
End-to-End Gas HCA
The tool works directly inside both ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro, which provides increased flexibility over stand-alone applications. It is data model independent and works with unstructured data sources, as well as all popular pipeline data models.
G2-IS can provide end-to-end Class Location and HCA/MCA services, helping to collect, update and digitize all the information required for the HCA/MCA analysis. The elements of the service can be customized to individual client needs and can include:
- -Digitization of existing sites and structures using available imagery
- -Preconditioning of digital road data sources for use in MCA analysis
- -Creation of electronic field data collection data import template(s)
- -Field survey and verification of structures and identified sites
- -Collaboration with field facilities and the community to gather relevant identified site information
- -Geocoding of addresses
- -Provision of the Gas HCA Tool as a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution
- -Performance of Class Location and HCA/MCA analysis as a service
Meeting Diverse User Needs
Regulatory requirements around Class Location and HCA /MCA analysis create complex implications for how you manage your pipeline, affecting Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure (MAOP), integrity management and assessment plans, and protection of the community and environment. The Gas HCA Tool integrates seamlessly into your IT environment and the Esri platform, allowing access to tool functionality from the desktop, the command line, as a scheduled service, or as a REST geoprocessing service.
Increasing Productivity and Consistency
The Gas HCA Tool increases efficiency by automating Class Location and HCA/MCA analysis, eliminating the inaccuracy and lack of reproducibility that plague manual analysis. Powerful dynamic segmentation functionality provides output which clearly indicates the number of structures and/or identified sites impacting any given pipe segment, and which segments qualify as an HCAs or MCAs.
Configuration settings unique to your integrity management plan can be saved for future use to drive consistent results and support time-based delta analysis along the pipeline. The Gas HCA Tool maintains its own project database and allows you to pull pipeline data from any database. Results are generated as geospatial features, can easily be exported into tabular formats, and can be readily imported into your GIS.
- Flexible model parameter configuration interface
- Data Model Independent
- UPDM, PODS and APDM integration
- Identified sites, gathering places and structure locations
- HCA/MCA results
- DOT Class Location results (clustered and un-clustered – run simultaneously)
- Ability to trace to every structure or identified site
- House count-based Consequence Index for Risk integration
- Includes options to account for centerline and structure accuracy
- Potential Impact Radius (PIR) adjustment
- Buffer structures and buffer identified sites
- Accepts point and/or polygon structures or identified sites/gathering places
Pipeline Integrity Engineers
accurately assessing and documenting asset class
providing efficient tools and data for class location and HCA management to integrity and operations teams
visualizing risks and planning remediation with valuable spatial insights about the environment and the community
prioritizing work procedures for assessments, repairs and additional integrity related activities and ensuring compliance with codes and rules
using reports for reviewing the financial impacts of pipelines with the largest amount of HCAs and MCAs
How accurate are your Class Location and HCA determinations?
Traditional manual methods for sliding mile Class Location and High Consequence Area (HCA) analysis are extremely time consuming, and suffer from inaccuracy and lack of reproducibility. Our Gas HCA tool makes it. Take a look at the brochure.