Popular pipeline data models like the Pipeline Open Data Standard™(PODS) and the Esri Utility and Pipeline Data Model (UPDM) are optimized for efficient data storage, not for effective data usage. With industry standard pipeline data models, when it comes to common tasks like extracting data for use in risk analysis, or preparing National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) submissions, or creating DOT Annual Reports, you’d best pack a lunch, because it’s going to be an all-day (or all-month!) job.
That’s why G2-IS created EaglePy.
With EaglePy, you can easily slice and dice your way through the data stored in complex industry data models, aggregating and recombining your data to meet your business’ specific usage needs and requirements
Linear referencing and dynamic segmentation.
Not sure if Maximum Allowable Operation Pressure (MAOP) is commensurate with pipe properties, class location, and pressure test records at uncased road crossings across your system? A non-trivial question, but EaglePy can readily consume and analyze the millions of records that comprise your GIS, and provide the answer. No matter how complex the question, EaglePy equips you to find the answer.
EaglePy enables organizations to actively engage in complex analytics that once required specialized staff, copious budgets, and lots of time to complete. These same tasks can now can be done easily by a trained technician, or automated for ready access across the organization.
Automated reporting and workflow integration.
G2 Integrated Solutions’ EaglePy is designed to address report automation through scripting and workflow integration. Each tool can be used as a single tool, or in combination, allowing users the flexibility to create workflows that are simple or complex, depending on the need. The tools work collaboratively within geoprocessing models to automate and document your spatial analysis reporting.
EaglePy provides tools for extraction, recombination, analysis, interpretation, aggregation, and presentation of both numeric and text data:
- Segmentation of unlimited tables or layers and extraction of unlimited attribution
- Resolution of complex data overlaps via sophisticated data sorting and statistical data aggregation functions
- Calculate minimums, maximums, medians, means, standard deviation, and variances
- Automatic dissolves of contiguous records with matching attributes, and aggregation of other attributes across dissolved records using statistics functions.
Pipeline operators use EaglePy for many tasks, including:
- Preparation of data for DOT Annual reports
- Creation of National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) submissions
- Calculation of Maximum Allowable Operation Pressure (MAOP)
- Conditioning of pipeline and GIS data for risk analysis
- Creation of web map display layers
- Tax assessments
who need to provide accurate reporting to federal, state and local agencies
who need process oriented mechanisms to create and share reports across an organization
who need an effective and easy to use tools to run statistics or dissolve data for addressing internal data analysis
who store, view and edit data in Microsoft’s Excel spreadsheets to view, edit and share files with others quickly by everyday means such as posting to a file share, linking or sending