Helping operators build and maintain control rooms to ensure safe, reliable and compliant operations.
CRM Compliance Program Development
The key to meeting Control Room Management (CRM) compliance requirements is the ability to understand regulatory expectations and to develop and implement formal processes that meet those expectations while also meeting the specific operational, safety and administrative needs of the individual pipeline operator.
A false sense of compliance can result in unsafe operations, as well as unexpected fines and undesirable operational impacts. Oil and gas pipeline operators should establish corporate-level policies; detailed, operator-specific procedures and formal programs that produce detailed records to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a formal, fully compliant (49 CFR Parts 192 and 195) program
- Annual assessment of SCADA point/alarm management, fatigue risk-management, controller/team training, operator-qualification (OQ) and other CRM-related programs to assure optimal effectiveness, continual improvement and demonstrable compliance
G2 Integrated Solutions’ operational and regulatory compliance experts assist customers in evaluating existing programs or in creating policies, procedures and programs that produce records to demonstrably meet or exceed regulatory CRM expectations.
- Auditing and gap identification to assure that all relevant CRM compliance requirements are satisfied, ensuring safe pipeline operation and preventing unexpected fines or operational impacts
- Auditing of compliance records to ensure that record keeping requirements are documented and implemented to ensure regulatory compliance
- Onsite audit preparation and/or support in anticipation of state or federal inspections
G2-IS assists customers in development, implementation, or auditing of CRM training programs that meet current regulations, including new Control Room Team Training requirements.
G2-IS regulatory compliance experts have decades of industry and agency experience, making them ideally suited to assist customers with development and/or implementation of training programs that are compliant, robust, and tailored to the size and needs of operators.
- Training of CRM personnel and supporting teams to ensure knowledge of duties, regulatory and operating requirements, and compliance with program objectives
- Training of Fatigue Mitigation Program requirements
Control Room Design and Evaluation
G2 Integrated Solutions plans and designs control rooms to ensure our partners are adhering to operational requirements. We are well-versed in the stringent regulations governing control room design and regulatory requirements, helping our customers meet all compliance expectations.
Two of the most critical components to examine in meeting regulatory compliance are physical design and cultural adherence. We help ensure that all control room models and plans meet industry standards and compliance protocols, and that control room staff follow the recommended management plan and procedures.
- Assessment of control room / SCADA design and operation from a user-centered perspective to ensure operational safety and regulatory compliance; improve efficiency, morale and productivity; and provide optimal communication channels between operations, maintenance, management and support teams
- Analysis of control room design to ensure that all elements satisfy operational requirements, including areas ranging from paint, lighting and screens to technology and SCADA systems
- Complete planning and design of control rooms according to industry standards and best practices
See how our regulatory and strategic services can optimize your business.
Learn how G2-IS establishes compliance monitoring program and develops framework that reacts to changes in rules and regulations. You’ll also see how we support our partners’ bids to purchase assets, identify key EHS risks and develop initial conclusions on valuation of risks.See the case study