US DOT and OSHA/PSM Compliance Programs
The key to meeting United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards is the ability to recognize and apply the relevant regulations to a specific situation and need. For example, the compliance program for a 5,000-mile pipeline is more complex than a program for a two-mile stretch of pipeline. G2 Integrated Solutions makes sure our partners’ pipeline safety practices are adhering to specific compliance programs. We also help determine exactly what is needed for compliance.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements that serve as the foundation for the development of tailored compliance programs
- Compliance programs that satisfy current operational requirements, anticipate regulatory change, accommodate operational growth and mitigate potential regulatory effects
- Assurance that all relevant compliance requirements are satisfied, preventing unexpected fines and operational delays
Stakeholder Outreach and Public Awareness
Our partners have a vested stake in the safe operation of their pipelines. We have a successful track record of helping them satisfy reporting and compliance efforts. Our expertise results in solutions that ensure that all stakeholder and public awareness requirements are met. Within our specialized G2-IS team are members that participated in the committee that revised the American Petroleum Institute’s RP 1162 manual that outlines the review and reporting guidelines. We have also conducted more than 40 public awareness compliance inspections.
- Comprehensive experience in developing public outreach programs that help operators:
- Identify stakeholders
- Create and provide appropriate messages at specified intervals
- Address stakeholder concerns
- Analyses of current customer compliance programs
- Evaluations and reports on program effectiveness
- Development of practical and effective compliance programs that instill customer confidence in compliance efforts
Permitting and Reporting
Project permitting at the federal, state and local level can be extremely complex. G2-IS provides expertise in permitting at every level, helping identify which regulations apply to specific systems and sets of circumstances, both for current and future permitting needs. Strong stakeholder relationships, coupled with a full understanding of the underlying regulatory requirements, enable us to quickly focus on the “choke points,” avoiding unnecessary delays and cost growth.
- Complete understanding of the nuances of government permitting and reporting requirements
- Ongoing support to help operators keep up with changes in regulations
- Expertise in the preparation of mandatory reports including annual submissions to the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) and completion of a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity required by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) for both pipeline operators and liquefied natural gas (LNG) plants under Section 7(c) of the Natural Gas Act
- A proactive approach to prevent costly delays, eliminate unforeseen pitfalls and ensure total system compliance
Compliance Manuals and Procedural Development
A false sense of compliance can result in unexpected fines and operational delays. Oil and gas pipeline operators should establish precise compliance procedures that are clearly understood and followed by employees. G2-IS compliance experts assist customers in creating compliance procedures and documentation manuals as mandated by pipeline industry regulatory requirements.
- Development, documentation and implementation of compliance procedures
- Development of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) manuals for customers, ensuring comprehensive, end-to-end compliance protocols that satisfy all current requirements
- Third-party review of pipeline manuals and procedures at least once each calendar year (not to exceed 15 months)
- Updates as needed to reflect regulatory changes
G2-IS provides pipeline operators with the confidence they need to know operations are performing as specified by their adopted procedures. Our approach combines metrics, audits and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and ensure they align with the established operational culture and strategy of the customer.
- The tools to evaluate existing processes and procedures to ensure implementation and adherence in accordance with approved management plans
- A three-pronged approach that includes:
- Establishment of Key Performance Measures (KPMs) to assess critical operational controls
- Design and implementation of audit and inspection programs
- Application of lessons learned from incident investigation
Pipeline Safety Management Systems
The rules governing pipeline safety management systems are constantly changing. Staying on top of changes and ensuring pipeline systems reflect current industry guidelines presents a significant challenge. Further, safety management systems currently employed often fall short in managing the complex issues organizations face. G2-IS seamlessly integrates industry requirements with business process management and risk management to develop efficient and effective enterprise management systems.
- Expertise in identifying pain points
- Documented success in the development of solutions that identify, prioritize, manage and mitigate perceived threats
- Experience working with major integrated corporations across the value chain
Merger and Acquisition Support and Baselining
Operational due diligence is essential when involved in a merger or acquisition scenario. G2-IS provides customers support through a variety of due diligence activities including:
- Financial assessments and modeling
- Risk identification and analysis
- Environmental and asset integrity compliance
- Deal structuring
- Operational integration
We support successful transaction projects by identifying, prioritizing and mitigating key risks from technical, environmental, economic, regulatory, legal and political perspectives.
- Breadth of experience in executing projects in the U.S., Central and South America and other regions throughout the world
- A focused approach to creating a competitive advantage for customers
- Efficient, cost-effective and timely determinations of the project’s viability and liability
- Transaction support services covering all aspects of the project as well as discrete services associated with transaction planning, development and implementation
- Efforts appropriately tiered to the project phase