Spending too much time and money managing pipeline data that you don’t fully trust?
Manual data management processes are painstaking, time-consuming and error-prone. So, why not eliminate them? Enhance data integrity, automate workflows, and improve productivity and enterprise integration with G2-IS’ Pipeline Data Maintenance Tools (PDMT). PDMT is a tool suite that packages key functions for managing pipeline asset data, including bulk data loading, interactive facilities and centerline maintenance, and complex operations, such as pipeline reroutes. More importantly, PDMT provides the means to largely automate all these processes.
Flexible Pipeline Data Management
The APDM and PODS Spatial data models are industry standards for spatially enabled pipeline data storage but are difficult and highly time-consuming to properly maintain with out-of-the-box Esri functionality. PDMT makes it easy for users to maintain complex assets in these data models while ensuring robust data integrity. By ensuring reliable, authoritative data stores, PDMT efficiently supports pipeline construction, operations, integrity management, regulatory compliance and reporting. PDMT’s flexible architecture allows you to extend your pipeline data model to support your specific needs, without the need for PDMT software modification. PDMT, coupled with the Esri platform, enhances spatial data integrity, eliminates data “silos” and makes data more accessible to all stakeholders.
PDMT’s ability to maintain up-to-date physical pipeline features while efficiently integrating with key integrity management applications, such as our Gas HCA and Enhanced Pipeline Risk Analysis (EPRA) tools, enables your organization to formulate effective, efficient workflows for pipeline operations and integrity management.
- Identify anomalous records and records gaps.
- Review for integrity verification (IVP process). Overlay records in an automated process to create a segmented report showing material and component changes and historical dates as you advance along the pipeline.
- Address specific pipeline data attributes from various sources.
- Process data for load into O&M/PIMS systems/UPDM-APR/PODS.
G2-IS’ PDMT suite is designed from the ground up to support scripting and work process automation. PDMT’s ArcToolbox tools are fully integrated into the Esri ModelBuilder and Python scripting environments. This means you can configure automated (or interactive) workflows specific to your company’s policies and procedures using both PDMT functionality and the rich library of Esri functionality. The workflows you create can be run in ArcGIS Desktop, called from the command line, or exposed as REST endpoints via ArcGIS Enterprise. This means your workflows can be run interactively, as scheduled server tasks, or accessed via the web.
Workflow automation eliminates the need to have personnel sitting at the console to complete processes manually, and improves process uniformity and overall quality while freeing staff for other work. It will also improve data cycle time, getting critical data into the database and available to staff faster. PDMT automated workflows can be integrated with other enterprise data management systems, including ERP and EAM applications like IBM Maximo or SAP, increasing the overall return on investment not only on your GIS but on all your enterprise data management systems.
Ensuring Pipeline Data Integrity
Pipeline data models and databases are complex, and out-of-the-box Esri functionality is insufficient to ensure adequate data quality in the database. PDMT incorporates numerous built-in QA/QC checks to ensure that incorrect data does not enter the database. The same level of rigor is applied to interactive edits and automated workflows, ensuring that data quality is maintained as data is edited and updated over time. Accurate, internally consistent data is the foundation of safe and efficient operations; you can rest assured that PDMT will guard the quality of your pipeline data.
- Data Loader: bulk loads centerline and event data from external data sources.
- Control Point Editor: creates, edits and maintains the centerline of a pipeline system.
- Line Maintenance: performs complex centerline maintenance operations. This tool can modify existing lines; add new lines, line segments, laterals, line loops and interconnects; perform one and two-point reroutes; insert or remove station equations; and calibrate control points.
- Event Maintenance: This tool can interactively create, edit and delete individual online and offline points and online polyline features.
- Explorer: navigates and explores pipeline data in geodatabases. It can access the pipeline line hierarchy and activity records, as well as link to external documents and facility site-related data.
- Toolbox Tools: Users can create and configure workflows using Esri’s ModelBuilder, or in the Python scripting language, that can be stored and accessed at the user, department or enterprise level.