Spending too much time on Class Location and HCA and cannot get the same answer twice?
Using traditional methods to conduct linear and radial class location analysis can be extremely time consuming and often results in inaccuracies. G2 Integrated Solutions’ Gas HCA tool increases the accuracy of high consequence area (HCA) and class location by eliminating inefficient manual processes. Gas HCA gives you the power to proficiently produce results that are consistent, reliable, reproducible and defendable.
Intuitive Analysis Interface
Since the 1970’s, pipelines have been required to perform class location analysis to determine the population density along the pipeline. These class and HCA analyses are critical to the design, operations and asset integrity of the pipeline.
The G2-IS Gas HCA software is a comprehensive tool that allows you to determine DOT Class Location units, High Consequence Areas (HCAs), and Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure (MAOP) along your entire pipeline system from a single software platform. The software fully supports analysis of both transmission and regulated gathering.
End-to-End Gas HCA
The tool works directly inside ArcGIS and ArcMap, which provides efficiencies over stand-alone applications. It is data model independent and can work with unstructured data sources and all data models. G2-IS can provide end-to-end Gas HCA services, helping to collect, update and digitize all the information required for the HCA analysis. The elements of the service can be customized to the individual client needs and can include:
- Digitization of existing sites and structures with the use of imagery
- Data categorization and flagging of important attributes such as use, occupancy and story units
- Creation of data import template(s)
- Collaboration with field facilities and the community to gather GPS and occupancy information
- Geocode addresses
- Provision of the Gas HCA tool as a cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution
- Performing the HCA analysis
Regulatory requirements create complex implications for how you manage your pipeline, the pressure you are allowed to operate, maintenance of the right-of-way and protection of the community, and environment. The Gas HCA tool performs linear sliding mile or Potential Impact Radius (PIR) analysis to help operators determine how many structures of each type are impacting any given segment of the pipe
Increasing Productivity and Consistency
Gas HCA increases efficiency by automating the analysis of population density and reduces inaccuracies that frequently occur with manual class and HCA analysis. Its dynamic segmentation provides output which clearly indicates the classification of each pipe segment and which segments qualify as an HCA’s.
Configuration settings that are unique to your integrity management plan can be saved for future use to drive consistent results and generate time-based comparisons along the pipeline. Gas HCA maintains its own project database and allows you to pull pipeline data from any database. Results are generated as geospatial features and can easily be exported into tabular formats.
- Flexible model parameter configuration interface
- PODS and APDM integration
- Ability to trace to every originator: Count Consequence Index for Risk integration
- Includes options to account for centerline and structure accuracy
- Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure (MAOP) Calculator
- In addition to the DOT Class Location, HCA Segment and Management of Change Functionality, G2-IS tools have the ability to calculate MAOP as well.