G2 Integrated Solutions aerial patrol services provide critical information related to the pipeline system that may not be obtainable at ground level. This enables customers to take a proactive approach to mitigating risks, controlling costs, avoiding delays and complying with increasingly complex regulations.
Our customers are assured the highest quality data, analysis, reports and record management. G2-IS has developed spatial data collection tools for use in any aircraft, and maintain training in the latest HD camera and GIS based data collection systems.
Collect. Analyze. Report.
The G2-IS aerial patrol team prepares, collects, validates, analyzes, and archives all spatial data for each client on a secure server. During patrols, the observers:
- Detect threats and erosion to the infrastructure
- Forecast vegetation growth potentially approaching the corridor
- Log all aerial observations to be accessed in real-time by control room and ground team
While many competitors focus exclusively on data collection, G2 Integrated Solutions has developed the backend software for data analytics and archiving. The collected data goes through an automated system which allows clients quick access to relevant and up-to-date reporting. This multifaceted database allows clients to make more informed decisions in less time.
G2-IS aerial patrol observers are experts in providing detailed change detection for vegetation, structures, right-of-way and other hazards to underground utilities.
To counteract the reduced ground visibility from greater flight elevations, a superior camera system is custom-installed. In addition to far greater resolution and zoom, these new camera systems have abilities including automated pipeline following, using pre-programed GIS data, target lock and visual overlays of public data (e.g. street and/or house numbers) to identify the location of activity, so that potential threats to pipeline integrity may receive a more efficient ground response.
G2-IS complete GIS based analysis of routes minimizes flight costs, optimizes flight times and ensures that all flights are performed with the safety of the client and community in mind.
Some of the highlights of our aerial patrol program include:
- Safety corridor development to ensure that flight paths are safe
- TFR analysis and updates to the flight crew
- Development of blowdown schedules and other industry related operations to ensure that air and ground resources are scheduled appropriately
- GIS based data collection for observations from the cockpit
- Development of real-time and post flight reporting of observations
- Post-flight video review of each flight using 1080p high definition video
- Long term video archival for compliance related data requests
- Detailed metrics and web-based dashboard reporting for all flight and video related operations
- Flight operations can provide continued updates to GIS based systems as construction projects and community development evolves
- Detailed aerial imagery and orthorectified photography services
- Web based tracking system for all flight operations crew members; allows client to view and monitor air resources in real time
- Geohazard detection, analysis and modeling allows preventative measures and quick responses to geologic movements
- Detailed analysis of exposed spans reduces maintenance costs by alerting client to do maintenance early
Using custom applications, preflight data is downloaded to create optimal and cost efficient flights. Using the application, flight information is recorded, analyzed by the aerial patrol group and shared with the client.
Aerial patrol flights yield GPS data such as flight paths and realtime data collected by aerial patrol via mobile devices.
Data collection includes:
- Orthographic photos
- Vertical photos
Data is processed, validated, analyzed and reported by experienced research and review teams.
All data can easily be referenced, via secure servers, to review specific segments, zones, etc.
- Customized programs that employ high-end technology and data sets to satisfy needs ranging from simple to highly sophisticated
- Detailed observation tracking and analysis of ground activity with complete post-flight video analysis
- Complex risk weighting of threats through risk algorithm models to predict and identify unwanted activity
- Expertise in the development and operation of 49 CRF 192 compliant aerial patrol programs for natural gas pipelines
- Experienced fixed-wing and helicopter flight crews with special training in operation and safety, crew resource management, ground safety procedures and other safety protocols
Safety is G2-IS’s top priority. Our aerial patrol team works with each client to optimize the safety of the surveying crew. Aerial patrol carefully researches and hand-picks new aircraft, aircraft safety features, personnel training programs and camera systems for enhanced aerial patrols.
These enhanced patrols are conducted at safer elevations while allowing far more substantive patrol data to be collected. The aircraft flies at higher elevations (e.g., 5,000-6,000 feet above ground level, instead of usual 750 feet) to allow for countermeasures in the event of emergency conditions. Aerial patrollers are rigorously trained in both fixed and rotor-wing safety, crew resource management, ground safety procedures, and other safety protocols to ensure safe and efficient flights.
The hand-picked aircrafts accommodate safety enhancements such as an emergency parachute and access to emergency controls for qualified crew members.